Saturday, August 11, 2018

Dream Vs Reality

By C.S. Bosse
 

When I was young,
I dreamed of a knight in shining armor, a picket fence,
Someone to love and protect me,
We would grow old together.

When I was young,
I dreamed of a family, children of my own,
Loving little ones who’d hang on every word I said,
I’d care for them, tuck them safely into bed.

When I was young,
I had this dream of how my life should be,
But now I’m older and somehow
Life just isn’t how I dreamed it would be.

What I got,
A man deep in depression after losing his job,
Not at all the father I’d hoped he would be,
Sometimes I wonder if he even loves me.

What I got,
Children sweet and innocent while they were young,
Now they’ve grown up to become unruly,
Sometimes I wonder where I went wrong.

What I got,
Just isn’t what I dreamed it would be,
But I know there’s a reason it has to be,
There’s someone up there looking out for me.

And He put me here because He knew
That it is just where I needed to be,
So I would find my way to Him.

So although I didn’t get all that I dreamed,
I’m thankful for what I got,
And that He put me right where He wants me

I know there’s a reason I’m here
Although it’s not always clear
Because I believe He wants what’s best for me.

So now I’ll stay and I’ll pray to God
Knowing that it will all be ok
When I enter Heaven on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment