Monday, March 9, 2020

Always With You



We have a tendency to think we are all alone in this world. When things go wrong in our lives we become more convinced that it’s true. I had a recent experience that gave me a different feeling. 


It was one of those nights when we decided to get takeout pizza for dinner, something that happens more often these days now that the children are all young adults and some have moved out on their own. 


So after I called in the order, I decided to make a few quick stops on the way to pick it up. My first stop was to the local CVS drugstore where I had planned to run in, grab a couple of things, then on to the next stop. I was in there longer than I expected as I had trouble finding what I had come for. Finally I made my decision and headed to the self checkout to ring up my stuff. I completed my mission and as I was walking out I dug into my pockets for my keys, but as I got to the car I realized the ones I found were not the right ones. They were to our other car which I had decided not to take, but took my personal car, the Chevy Impala, because I like the stereo better. 


I’m starting to panic a little, go back inside thinking maybe they are on the floor beside the checkout I had used, walking back through the parking lot toward the store I look around on the ground, don’t see anything, get inside, look all around the checkout, nothing! Now I’m in full blown panic mode, dig through my purse and find nothing! Did someone find them and turn them in? Did I lock them in the car? I have a bad habit of locking the door from the inside instead of using the key from the outside. 


My mind was racing, I thought about asking the cashier if someone had turned them in, but decided to go look outside one more time. As I started back out through the first sliding glass door I noticed something on the floor right at the very bottom of the second glass door which looked familiar and reaching down began thanking God! Thanked Him on my way to my second stop where I picked up some milk and on the ride to finally get the pizza! All night and into the next day I kept thanking Him!


We always pray and hope for answers to the big things in life, like how to deal with death, illness, etc., but I’m so thankful for the little things He does! I’m forever thankful for His Grace and Mercy! Always by our side, always willing to help, all we have to do is be willing to trust in Him and let Him do His will!

No comments:

Post a Comment